This 5-day course immerses learners in the practical aspects of the ITIL Service Lifecycle and processes associated with the Operational Support and Analysis of services. The main focus of this course is on the operational-level process activities and supporting methods and approaches to executing these processes in a practical, hands-on learning environment.
This training is intended to enable the holders of the certificate to apply the practices in resolution and support of the Service Management Lifecycle. This course is designed using an engaging scenario-based approach to learning the core disciplines of the ITIL best practice and positions the student to successfully complete the associated exam.
Individuals who have their ITIL Foundation Certificate who want to purse the intermediate and advanced level ITIL certifications
Individuals and / or operational staff who require a comprehensive practical understanding of the Operational Support and Analysis processes and how these may be used to enhance the quality of IT service support within an organization, for example: operational staff involved in Event Management Process, Incident Management Process, Request Fulfilment Process, Problem Management Process, Access Management Process, Service Desk, Technical Management, IT Operations Management and Application Management
IT professionals involved in IT Service Management implementation and improvement programs
A typical role includes (but is not restricted to): IT professionals, IT / business managers and IT / business process owners, IT practitioners
At the end of this course, the learner will gain competencies in:
- Understanding Service Management as a Practice, Service Operation principles, purpose and objective
- Knowing the important role of Operational Support and Analysis in service provision and understanding of how the in-scope processes interact with other Service Lifecycle processes
- The activities, methods and functions used in each of the Operational Support and Analysis processes
- The application of Operational Support and Analysis processes, activities and functions to achieve operational excellence
- How to measure Operational Support and Analysis performance
- The importance of IT Security and how it supports Operational Support and Analysis
- Understanding technology and implementation requirements in support of Operational Support and Analysis
- The challenges, critical success factors and risks related with Operational Support and Analysis
Hold an ITIL® Foundation Certificate (holders of Foundation certificate from an earlier version of ITIL , e.g.: earlier ITIL qualifications, must pass the current ITIL Foundation exam before attending this course)