Managing Across the Lifecycle (MALC) is the final and last step for IT professionals before they join a select group who are ITIL Experts. MALC is the capstone course that enables learners to bridge the lifecycle stages of ITIL and truly help an organization integrate processes, responsibilities, and other subjects into a cohesive service management approach.
To succeed, candidates must strategize, plan, use, and measure ITIL principles in an integrated approach. The ITpreneurs MALC training program provides a next generation learning experience that optimally prepares aspiring ITIL Experts for real world ITIL challenges.
The course immerses them in a realistic case study and 5 strategic assignments that learners have to manage alone or in small groups. The ITpreneurs MALC experience asks candidates to conduct a strategic assessment, manage organizational challenges, develop an implementation plan, build a business case, and manage the strategic change program for an organization. This is a non-PowerPoint, non-lecture course; a full hands-on case study experience.
The Managing Across the Lifecycle course will be of interest to:
- Chief Information Officers
- Senior IT Managers
- IT Managers
- IT Professionals
- IT Operations Practitioners
- IT Development Practitioners
- Individuals who require a business and management level understanding of the ITIL service lifecycle and how it may be implemented to enhance the quality of IT service provision within an organization
- Individuals seeking the ITIL Expert in IT Service Management certificate, for which this qualification is the final mandatory module
- Individuals seeking progress towards the ITIL Master in IT Service Management, for which the ITIL Expert in IT Service Management certificate is a prerequisite
Upon successful completion of the education and examination components related to this qualification, candidates can expect to gain competencies in the following:
- Key concepts of the service lifecycle
- Communication and stakeholder management
- Integrating service management processes across the service lifecycle
- Managing services across the service lifecycle
- Governance and organization
- Implementing and improving service management capability
- Preparing for APMG MALC examination, including mock examination opportunity
Hold the ITIL Foundation Certificate (2 credits) in IT Service Management, and have obtained an additional 15 credits from a balanced selection of ITIL Service Lifecycle or Service Capability qualifications, i.e., a total of at least 17 credits.